Three things I don't understand about my XJ8 Vanden Plas

I've got a '99 Vanden Plas in excellent condition - everything works, smooth, reliable car. But there are three "features" I can't seem to understand:

First, when should the trunk/boot light come on? I would think every time it is opened but mine only comes on sometimes, perhaps a malfunction?

Second: Under what circumstances will opening the trunk/boot cause the anti theft alarm to go off? Occasionally I'll open the trunk with the remote key fob and suddenly the tick tick security warning begins and I have to disarm the alarm. I'm not sure if there's something wrong or if there is something about the security system I don't understand.

Third: What causes back door lock-in. Sometimes when letting the kids out or in of the back seat the back door lock and quits responding to the door unlock button.

KK

Reply to
Kevin Killebrew