Trim Removal

Hi all.

My 1989 XJS V12 is now having it's first tart up, bits are being removed at a fast rate until a bit of a head scratcher. Between the windscreen and the bonnet is a plastic trim peice about 50 cm wide that the wipers and washers poke through. I've undone two nuts under the bonnet and there are what look like two plastic nuts in the trim its self, when I turn these they just keep turning and it 'feels' very rubbery. What am I missing to remove this trim?

Thanks

Ivar

Reply to
Ivar

My memory is vague, haven't had my '84 wiper vent apart for about 10 years, but aren't those rubber "nuts" actually cushions for the wiper motor that is attached to the underside of that assembly? Or perhaps they are "compressibles" that hold the rear of the assembly snug upwards against the cowl/windscreen. I seem to recall that the assembly slips under the windscreen on a slant and then just bolts down at the forward edge, so it may just be a matter of gently prying the assembly out (but like I said, my memory fails me, and my shop manual is in another city).

Reply to
waynec

Getting serious now, it was only because someone saw what was about to happen and shouted very loudly that this 1988 XJS did not suffer the wrath of me with a shovel in my hand. (No joke!!) So, the question is, how to get this plastic cover off that is on top of the wiper motor. Two nuts that are only accessible with the bonnet open are no problem. 2 or

3 inches from each wiper spindle (just in front of the windscreen chrome trim) there is what looks like 2 plastic nuts, if I turn these nust with a ratchet it feels springy to turn and just keeps turning. What am I missing? Please help.

Another head scratcher. Where can I find some info on removing the interior door panels. My manual does not even mention them. I can't seem to work out how the panel is attached to the door at the backend of the doorpull/armrest. There are three inaccessable screws on the underside of the armrest inside the door pocket that I can't get to, do I have to remove these screws? If so, how to get to them?

Thanks for your help

Ivar.

Reply to
Ivar