Vanity Plate

What's the best Vanity plate you've seen on a Jag?

Reply to
mmp

GRWLER, PURRRR comes to mind but I'm waiting for PUSSYLVR! :-)

Reply to
Comm Clinic

Saw one back in '92 in NYC on a gray market XJ12 that read NOTAFORD.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I think V12 XJS would be a corker.

I saw for sale V12 NPB ( those being my intitials) it was a bargain at £250 but unfortunately the plate was for a year later than my car and there is no way I can use it.

Boo Hoo

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Right now, our red X-Type 3.0 Sport says, WARP TWO. But that started out on a BMW 535is, moved to an Audi 200, and will be migrating to a Jeep eventually, so I can keep the number reserved for a more worthy vehicle. My wife drives the Jag and she hates vanity plates.

-- C.R. Krieger (WARP ONE)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

WAS HIS

Reply to
Shab

Warp Two? Hmmm, must be referring to the front brake rotors!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Actually, the best vanity plate/ bumper sticker I ever saw was on an old Citroen parked at a restaurant in San Francisco back in '89. It read: "My Other Car Is A Piece Of $#!t, Too!"

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I have XJS 12 and have seen XJS XII

mmp wrote:

Reply to
Chris Halpin

Reply to
David Wilkinson

Not yet, anyway. The BMW is another matter. But then, She Who Must Be Obeyed won't let me take the Jag on the track, either ...

-- C.R. Krieger "Ignore 'em m'dear; they're beneath our dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

In case you didn't know, 'WARP TWO' is *way* faster than that. =8^D

-- C.R. Krieger "Ignore 'em m'dear; they're beneath our dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

On a red XKR "GROWL" Regards, John Hudson Brisbane Australia

71 XJ6 SI 85 XJ6 SIII
Reply to
John Hudson

Reply to
David Wilkinson

I'm thinking about going with "NONE". That way, when the cop writes it on my next speeding ticket, maybe I'll be able to beat it on a technicality! (yeah, right.)

Reply to
mmp

Apparently, you're not conversant with American sci-fi TV from the '60s. 'Warp' speeds are the multiples of the speed of light (squared, I think) at which the Starship Enterprise (#NCC-1701 -the number plate I asked for but didn't get) and others of its ilk traveled so that the series didn't take eons for the interstellar space travel required. Therefore, 'WARP TWO' is twice the speed of light squared. Even if it were only twice the speed of light, I think you'd have to agree that's faster than a measly 200 miles per hour. Hell, at that rate, it would take you fifty days just to get to the moon. You'd

*never* make to Rigel IV!

-- C.R. Krieger (Only WARP ONE today ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Sheesh, imagine how fast the rotors would warp at THAT Speed???!!!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I'm not saying its not faster you moron!

Your not by any chance that fat comic book owner off the simpsons are you, you know - its the one who couldn't get the star wars belt to fit him. ha!

Reply to
David Wilkinson

No. I'm the other fat moron who knows the difference between 'Star

*Wars*' and 'Star *Trek*'. And I don't watch 'The Simpsons'.

-- C.R. Krieger "Ignore 'em, m'dear; they're beneath our dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Give it a rest already -- this thread is supposed to be about vanity _plates_, not just "vanity"!

Reply to
William Watson