Want Advice on Towing XJ6

I bought a new motorhome and I want to tow my '94 XJ6 behind it. I'd like to hear some advice on what methods will work. Four down with disconnected driveshaft? Flatbed trailer? Dolly trailer? Aftermarket rear pump on tranny? Thanks for any help you can give me. Paul

Reply to
pdb

Paul,

Being safe is always worth the extra cost of having a trailer equiped with brakes. The Jag is a *hefty* car. I hauled mine from SLC to Portland on a dual axle flatbed and I cant imagine a safe trip on a dolly. Besides you can rent the trailer as these are very popular; resale is good too.

Cheers,

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

IMO a two-axle flatdeck is the only way to go. I've never had to haul my Jag but do have a fair bit of experience in towing my son's racecar to various tracks (over some fairly steep grades). Dually flatdecks aren't cheap, but I figure it would be worth it for your peace of mind- the electrical braking system on the trailer is going to save some wear and tear on your motorhome as well. As the other poster said, Jaguars are heavy cars, the more help your motorhome has on downgrades, the better.

My 2 cents worth.

Paul

Reply to
justanothertrucker