water on the radio

hi ive got a 1989 v12 xjs all working nice and in a1 condition but when it rains hard i get some water on the radio it shorted 1 out last winter and with a new one in its nearly done it again any tips please, thanks

Reply to
david winch

AS I recall Jaguar made a shield that was installed on top of the radio. The moisture can come from a windshield leak, or even condensation off the AC center vents, etc.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

As I recall, there are drains on each side of the "pit" beneath the wiper grill panel with hoses leading down to the rocker panel area; perhaps your drain hoses are clogged with dead leaves, etc. If that's the case, your wipers may not be working because the motor becomes immersed. You need to look closely at the windshield weatherstrip and any joint sealer in that area, too.

You might pull the radio and cover it with a sheet of rubber sealed around the perimeter with silicone sealer, hopefully to shield it until you get the leak solved (although I suppose that could possibly cause heat problems).

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
Pamela and Chris