Window regulator S-Type 1999

My rear nearside window regulator has given up the ghost. It sounds very much as if the belt has snapped and the window can now be opened and closed by hand !. The motor does make attempts to move, but sounds as if it is being prevented from doing so by an obstruction.

Are the regulator units integral units - or can the belts be bought seperately ?. Does the S-Type of this year share this component with any other vehicle manufactered/sold in the UK ? - The price could be appreciably lower than the Jaguar price.

I would be grateful for any input from this groups membership re the above.

John

Reply to
John Settle