Wiring harness differences

Does anyone know if different wiring harnesses are used in models with different options? Specifically, I would like to add some options that were not included on the base model (I bought it used), but I would like, such as motorized seats, the CD changer and fold in mirrors.

I have seen on other makes of vehicles that the same harness was used, so afterl-the-fact add-ins just plugged right in with no additional modifications, but this is my first Jag and I wanted to make sure before I purchased any of those items.

Thanks.

Reply to
Friendly_Bloke

I do not know specifically about your car and add-ins. Generally there are several main wiring harnesses and these contain connectors for some popular options which may or may not be installed. These harnesses are not changed for adding other options. Some other options require additional smaller harnesses. The best source for this information is in the parts manual for your particular car, although it may not contain information on all possible options. You will just have to deal with each option individually to determine what the installation requirements are. If additional wiring is required it is a really good idea to get it with the option.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young