X-Type Auto Trans Maintenance

I was looking at the owners manual for my 03 X-Type to see the recommended maintenance for the auto trans. Much to my amazement I did not see anything about a dipstick to check the level or any advice as to changing the fluid and filter. I also went to myjaguar.com and checked the online owners manual and it is no different.

Is there a Jaguar tech that reads this news group that can give me the factory recommendation and also where to find the dipstick if there is one. Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

I'm no Jag Tech, just a jag forum reader. There is no dipstick, the tranny is sealed, no maintenance is recommended for the tranny it is "maintenance-free" till it needs maintenance, then it cost a lot.

Reply to
Billy

Billy, I looked on some of the Jag forums and found the same answer you just posted. I fell so reassured that it is eminence free. We all know of the outstanding quality of Jags so I think I will just have to accept a lifetime of trouble free motoring. If the dam thing give me any problem at all it will be off to the eBay auction.

Reply to
Double Tap