x type cd changer install problem

I just bought a cd changer kit from a local Jaguar dealer and I installed it in my 2002 X Type trunk. Problem is the player doesn't recognize it. The changer has power and fiber optic link hooked up...it will power eject. Does the car have to be programmed to use the cd changer? The Parts guy made no mention of this requirement. Thanks for any help, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob

I'm pretty sure that the head unit has to be re-programmed. Until then it just won't recognise that it has the changer connected. As to how to do it...I'm pretty sure that the dealer will have to do it for you.

Pete

Reply to
pete

Update... The dealer had to program the reciever to accept the factory cd changer. $90.00 labor. Works great now.

Reply to
Bob