X-Type GPS System Info

Hello, I'm searching info about this car and its GPS system... Does anybody know what type is it? Navtech or anything else? or what is the producer....

thank you very much, Zanna

Reply to
Zanna

It uses Navtec updates DVD but are modified by Jaguar to suit them and sell only thru their dealer network. The electronics are from Denso I believe but modified to suit the Jaguar integrated electronics systems, It looks the same as the Panasonic GPS Nav system visually. Other than that a hidden secret by Jaguar so noone can OEM it. there is no external inputs available for external DVD player etc so is a closed shop for other modifications.

It works quite well but the updated mapping single DVD cost far too much, like £350 each, to consider unless you need it for work - taxi driver etc so it will eventually gather dust and disappear into obliviion at the junk yard.

The Jagnet help system for calling for breakdowns never will work as jag never implemented it.

I am selling my X 3.0 17k mls with Nav and TV and cellphone if you are interested ???

Iain

Reply to
Iain Morrison