X-Type owners, how do you like it?

X-Type owners, are you happy with it? What do you dislike about it?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

beyond the moon-roof, folding rear seats, and what was an option at that time, the in-dash single cd player. We love the car, have had a few moments when we hated the gas mileage. We now have 5K miles, bought as a leftover

2003 in October of 2003. Now getting 18 mpg in my wife's 2.5 commute to work, 28 mpg if we go on the highways from our house to NH or VT. BTW, we live in the Boston area of MA, USA. We would buy another in a heartbeat. Fit and finish is perfect, dealer is great and no flaws in 11 months. Paul
Reply to
taltos

Which dealer did you buy it from? I live in the same area as you.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I live in Saugus. Bought from Woburn Foreign Motors, salesman was Scott Hoffman, called him after I saw an ad in the paper and made a meeting time. Was waiting outside for me and we had a nice test drive. The car was for my wife and she was treated with great respect. The address is 394 Washington Stret, Rte. 128 at exit 36. The direct phone number is (339) 645-2258 and the website is

Depending what you want in the car, there are tremendous deals at the shop. Other good things are free scheduled service. Awesome salesman, no pressure, just showed how great the car is and got us the best deal possible (had already shopped Lee Jag in Wellesley). If you do go to see Scott, please mention my name, Paul Twomey to him, might help in dealing if you are a referral. I get no cash for this, maybe a key chain. Scott is great and will be honest with you. Go in, drive the car, fill out the credit shit, and next day drive home. Little story about Jag's attention to detail' 4 wheel disc brakes-all wrapped in plastic to keep them clean. Also my email address is real if you want to contact me that way. Good luck. Paul

Reply to
taltos

Reply to
Jerry McG

removed prior to delivery. Paul

Reply to
taltos

I have just part-exchanged mine for an S-Type 3.0 SE. I had an X-Type 2.0 Sport. LOVED IT!! Fantastic car for the money. Amazing how many people took a second glance at it whilst walking past it on the drive. Jags just have "something about them".

MPG averaged 24 urban which isn't bad for my style of driving (pretty hard). Reliability - good. Comfort - great! Performance - good, but has to be pushed all the time.

Tom (UK)

Reply to
Tom [Home]