X-Type Seats

I just got my new X-Type...first time buyer. After 300 miles I notice the seats are very narrow and the edge of the driver seat cuts into my butt. What have the owners of this model done to alleviate the soreness? Is there a fix? Does the seat break-in a little bit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Regards,

Reply to
billp117

Butt reduction surgery would probably be cheaper.

By the way, congratulations on buying that $50K Ford Taurus! :-p

Can you tell which is which >I just got my new X-Type...first time buyer. After 300 miles I notice the

Reply to
APerks

Don't go showing your ignorance. The Taurus is larger. The X-Type is based on the Mondeo/Contour bodyshell.

-- C.R. Krieger (More rust than that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Nothing. The Sport seats have big bolsters that manage to keep even

*my* fat ass from draping over the sides.

-- C.R. Krieger (More rust than that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

more like $35k.

what's the beef with x-type. i read nothing but good reviews for 2004 model? i'm about to buy one. what else can i get for $35k?

2004 x-type 3.0 sport manual with options below: STDMOON) Moonroof Standard (STDEN) Engine: 3.0L V6 (MT) Transmission: 5-Speed Manual w/OD (NONST) Front Sports Style Seats (NONTM) Perforated Leather Seat Trim (HV) Heated Front Seats w/2 Temperature Settings (PAINT) Monotone Paint Application (XZ) X2 Sport Package w/X1 (DSC) Dynamic Stability Control (CT) Front Ashtray w/Cigarette Lighter (XP) Alpine Premium Sound System w/Single CD w/LB & XZ (NA) Navigation System
Reply to
Kryptoknight

Kryptoknight, I agree with you. I think my 03 is great. Its a 2.5 Sport with manual trans, xenon headlights, DSC, heated seats, single CD and Quartz paint. It gets compliments everywhere I go.

I had to special order it, manual trans are/were hard to find on the lots, at least with my choice of options. Seems like a good many that read this newsgroup have them, though.

I actually "built my own Jaguar" on the Jaguar.com website, emailed the dealer (Jim Coleman Jaguar, Frederick, Maryland) and then talked with them on the phone and sent a deposit. Nearly 3 months later I got the call that it had arrived. The next day we drove the 90 miles to the dealership, met the salesman and signed for the car. It was the simplest new car buying experience I've had. The farthest away, to.

It listed for $33,575. I got $2K off that, 2.9% financing, 2 polo shirts and

2 hats.

Oh, the seats are firm and there is no falling out of the seat in the turns either. They do sorta mold to my "larger frame" after using the heated seats for a while.

what's the beef with x-type. i read nothing but good reviews for 2004 model? i'm about to buy one. what else can i get for $35k?

2004 x-type 3.0 sport manual with options below: STDMOON) Moonroof Standard (STDEN) Engine: 3.0L V6 (MT) Transmission: 5-Speed Manual w/OD (NONST) Front Sports Style Seats (NONTM) Perforated Leather Seat Trim (HV) Heated Front Seats w/2 Temperature Settings (PAINT) Monotone Paint Application (XZ) X2 Sport Package w/X1 (DSC) Dynamic Stability Control (CT) Front Ashtray w/Cigarette Lighter (XP) Alpine Premium Sound System w/Single CD w/LB & XZ (NA) Navigation System
Reply to
SWG

That would be like, the X-Type pic then. The second one. The one that looks like a jaguar. Maybe you need to get your eyesight checked out

Reply to
Harri