X-Type steering drift

For your information

I've been driving an X-Type 2.0 D sport for about 6 weeks. From day 1 it's drifted left at all speeds. I gave it 3 weeks to loosen up and started the fix process.

  1. It isn't a tracking/allignment fault. Preliminary tests take about
6 hours - no fix

  1. The full range of steering geometry tests (in my case) took 3 days and sub-contracting a main dealership with the appropriate kit - no fix.

  2. Rejection of the vehicle resulted in another 6 days (yup) of tests again subbed to main dealer - no fix.

  1. As a last resort the dealer swapped a new set of wheels and tyres from a new car - fixed! (or so they tell me) but when I collected it they'd unfixed it and want it back again to prove either the wheels or the tyres - D'oh!

  2. This dealer's policy is to hire me a focus with insurance excess and mileage charge - (nice try).

X-Type 2.0 D S. Comfortable, quiet, pulls like a train, drives in circles I want my Beemer back

Reply to
JF

I have the same problem. I've been driving an X-Type 2.5 executive estate It's drifted right at all speeds The dealer also swapped a new set of wheels and tyres from a new car - no fix!

"JF" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Eugenio