X-Type tyre noise

My X-Type is fitted with Pirelli P6000 Powergy tyres, which seem to generate a lot of road noise on most surfaces. Can anyone suggest anything better and quieter?

Reply to
Guy Valentine via CarKB.com

Jon A.

I have 6 cars and 3 of them are Jags. I help friends maintain another 8 Jags including a 2001 XJR. The LAST set of tyres ANY of us would put on these cars are Pirellis. We have all had them and we all dislike them. They wear poorly, they develop flat spots if they sit for more than 3 days, they ride rough (although they handle pretty well). You have to be careful that you get a matched set that are made in the US in order to even start to get a decent quality tyre. Michelins, Firestones and Continental are decent tyres but it is all a matter of personal taste.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve