X300 Voltage Problems

I own an '95 X300 3.2 Bussiness. My Jag Dealer installed me the Blaupunkt DX-N Navigation, with TFT Monitor. The Navigation system works each time i started the car for about 15-40 minutes, then suddently stops. I Measured the voltage before departing and it was 12.2 Volt on both: Ignition and battery. When the Navigation stops to work, the voltage is still 12.2 on the Battery + but only 11.5 on the ignition +. So I can remove and insert the Navigation CD-ROM but nothing else. After about 20 minutes car parking, the navigation system return to work for the same 15-40 minutes. The car battery was replaced on '93, and I tryed out other four different Blaupunkt Navigation system, but all do the same. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for reply, Gianni

PS: Anyway, the X300 is my first Zero-Problem car I owned !

Reply to
gianni piccolo

Hi,

Well most well designed electronics have an operating range around

9-15V DC. I would question first the installation and all connection points. Second, I would question the integrity of your new system. As a person that works with electronics everyday, I will comfort you with the knowledge that 1 in 100 units in mass production get a throught test and almost no burn in time. We the consumers are the ultimate quality control inspectors. ;-)

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Er... =)