XJ40 - replacement trim

Does anyone know where I can get replacement wood trim for the interior of an XJ40. Mine's looking a bit tired and I was wondering how expensive/easy it would be to replace.

Cheers

Reply to
Tristan

It is really easy to replace. (you should have a new peice on your door in 30 seconds) if you are in england (especially northwest) i can give you some numbers addreses. one final tip. as you can appreicate ALL wood is differnt(darker, lighter,straight lines, swirls) so look around, some will look nicer than others.i have seen some wood that you would relly call a plank! it a mirror image split front to back, so make sure it is the same set or it will look odd. email me if you wantr to know anything else

Reply to
daz

Hi Tristan,

The wood panels used in Jaguars are made as a set. You will notice that the section is mirrored around the centre of the panel and the left hand pieces in the door matches the panel in the right side. If you wish to keep your Jag in Top condition you will nee to replace the whole set. In the Jaguar Factory if one piece of a set is damaged (all numbered alike) the whole set is discarded.

Chris

daz wrote:

Reply to
Chris & Paulette Halpin

There's some on eBay at the moment for a tenner........

Reply to
PORK SODA