XJ6-4.2 ???

Hi Folks,

We have an 1971 XJ6 4.2

We were wondering if the series 11 or series 111 XJ6 4.2 came equiped with electronic ignition & fuel injection, as we would like to modify our jag.

Also, can anyone recomend an after market cruise control that would be suit our model ?

Any & all info will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

j & c

Perth. Western Australia.

Reply to
j & c

"j & c" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

SIII is the best for that.

Yes, command cruise from K-Mart. Have a look at my website.

Ron

Reply to
Ron the Barbarian

Reply to
273

You'll find a thorough description of the SIII fuel injection at

The SIII constant energy ignition is a worthwhile update Ibelieve, it uses a GM ignition module, you'd need the SIII distributoras well. Changing to SIII fuel injection however is not a task I'd like to take on though. The system is controlled by a computer in the boot so a lot of re-wiring would be required, including the fuel pump and relays, etc, etc. You'd have to change the fuel tanks too, (if they fit) and lots of plumbing, the SIII has vapour separators in the roof pillars and the charcoal canister in the right front wing. The cooling system may be different as well, different header tank setup. An EFI system returns excess fuel to the tank which is fine if you have only one tank, but an XJ has two as you know and the SIII has one fuel pump, a change over valve to select which tank fuel is drawn from and two return valves. This arrangement is notorious for rawing fuel from the wrong tank so you run out of petrol and/or returning fuel to the wrong tank causing it to overflow. When the starter motor on my SIII failed a few months ago the car had to be towed, I could have removed the SI starter in 10 minutes from above. Somehow I think triple carbs and extractors would be easier, maybe change the transmission to a 4 speed. Regards, John Hudson Brisbane, Australia

1971 XJ6 SI 1985 XJ6 SIII
Reply to
John Hudson

John Hudson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Or a 5ltr Holden V8 with auto, Jaguar V12 with 5speed box, Rolls Royce Merlin....

Reply to
Ron the Barbarian

Thanx to you folks for the great info.

Best Regards