XJ6 value question.

Morning all.

I'm preparing to move back from South Africa and wondering if a certain investment might be sound in that regard.

I posted a picture to the Jaguar binaries group, but was asked to unsubscribe by the newsmaster responsible for the server. Long story.

The machine in question is white, seems to have bodywork in OK condition (a few scratches and rust patches but I knocked at it from all around and it seemed pretty solid).

Chassis plate professes it to be Car no: AZN 8252 BW Body no: B-XJ6-884 Engine no: 7L 96355-S Gearbox no: 12297.

It's not in perfect working order and actually annoyed the heck out of me when I test drove it...just apart from when it ran out of petrol, it wasn't shifting right. I was very happy to be back in the drivers seat of a Datsun on my way home.

About what would this vehicle fetch in the UK? It's going for about 17000ZAR or 1700 Quid. Might it be worth my while buying it and shipping it?

Just curious mostly, but serious replies appreciated. 'Kay, Chiz! Chas.

Reply to
Chas

Sorry, but I can't identify the car from that information. What year? What model?

Unless this is a rare model with history it will not be worth your while. Good every day runners go for that sort of money in the UK; top condition cars for not much more than twice that. This one sounds like it needs a lot of work.

Reply to
David Betts