XJ8, lights in trunk do not turn on when trunk lid is open

XJ8, lights in trunk do not turn on when trunk lid is open, bulbs are good. Where do I look next?

Also looking for a new rtunk switch (the one located on the trunk itself)

Reply to
Paul

Paul, If your X300 (XJ8) is anything like my XJ40 (XJ6) than the boot lights as well as the bonnet lights will not come on unless the head/park lights are on. The theory is that if it is not dark enough for head/park lights than there is no need for boot or bonnet lights now is there??

Reply to
webserve

That makes perfect sense!

Reply to