XJS 5.3 V12

Hey guys, I have the above - 300bhp, 0-60 7s, top speed 150mph - how much does it cost to turbo/supercharge these bad boys? I know Lister used to be famous for turning these into 7-litre monsters....do they still do this and would the car be road legal?

thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve Christie

Save yourself a lot of time and money and get yourself a X308 XJR, They will do about 180 MPH (where allowed) and are very reliable.

GGG

"Steve Christie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0uAmc.11634$ snipped-for-privacy@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
GGG

Just curious about my 88 XJ40 VDP with the straight 6, a 3.6 liter I think. Former owner said he had it up to 135, and had plenty of gas pedal left, so it would have went faster. Apparently it will do the 150 on the speedometer easily. Anyone had their similar model up to top speed? Regards, Nathan

Reply to
Belinda Bates

Hello Steve,

I wouldn't supercharge or turbocharge it. After watching the best of Top Gear last week when I saw an XJS 5.3 leave porches and ferraris etc standing still after it had a nitrous kit fitted. You can buy them for about £500 and they're relatively quick and easy to fit.

I'm thinking of putting a kit on my 4.0L soveriegn.

Regards

Dave Wilko

Reply to
David Wilkinson

"David Wilkinson" wrote: I saw an XJS 5.3 leave porches and ferraris etc standing

Thanks for that Dave. I don't know how nitrous kits work. Do you? Does this kit impact on fuel efficiency?

Reply to
Steve Christie

Nitrous kits are not used permanently - only when required. You can set the kit to respond when you use the gear kick down or you can have the nitrous kit engage with a button/switch. I think the car would use more fuel as the nitrous oxide make the petrol burn quicker but needless to say you bottle of nitrous will need recharging from time to time (around £15.00 I think). Do a google for NOX Kits etc theres load of info to be found

Regards

Dave Wilko

Reply to
David Wilkinson