XK8 Tire Recommendations?

I have to replace my tires on my '98 XK8 soon. The OEM Pirellis aren't all that great, so I am looking into other Makes and Models.

I am considering the WR speed rated Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

What are other people using for 17" wheels?

Reply to
Jeff Lindstrom

Dear Jeff

Because I was not happy with the Pirelli's at all I replaced them with Goodyear 235-50 ZR 17. Even though they do not match exactly the size of the Pirelli (245) they are much better. Good grip, very smooth to drive and I got them at a really nice price.

Marcel Meier

Reply to
Marcel Meier

Looked on Tirerack.com, but didn't find your tire. The only two Goodyear tires in that size are VR 17, the Eagle RS-A and LS.

I got two Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and put them on the back. The improvement was immediate. I will put some on the front when they wear out in a couple thousand miles.

I am suprised by the poor tread life in these tire sizes. I was routinely getting 65-75 thousand miles on the 15" tires I got for my Supra.

Reply to
Jeff Lindstrom