XKR How do I Program Garage Door Opener?????

I just bought a used XKR with more books than I've ever seen with a car. The pouch is so full it looks like it couldn't hold another page. BUT, the owner's manual isn't there. I've figured out everything except how to program the universal garage door opener. Will someone please tell me how to do it? Thanks, Tim

Reply to
TimD

GO somewhere where you won't be in range of your garage door opener. Hold the garage door remote about an inch fron the buttons for the bult in opener in the car, press and hold the button on the remote. Now Press and hold whatever button on the UGDO you want to program and watch the LED. It should flash slowly at first, when it starts to flash rapidly it's been programmed.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Some garage door openers operate on a roaming code which requires the garage opener to also "learn" the transmitter in your Jaguar. See your garage door manual.

Reply to
mdp

Tim -

The process seems to be the same for Jag and BMW: while holding you garage door remote about an inch away from the front of the button area in the headliner, you hold down the desired button until it starts to blink quickly.

Now, that being said, I successfully programmed the first button to open our driveway gate and the second button to open my stall in the garage. Pressing the first button opens the gate but pushing the second button will not open the Genie.

My take: the signal is not very strong. The gate works from the BMW but the Genier does not either.

Bart

Reply to
Bart Evans

Sounds like you need to set the rolling code on your garage door opener. There's a learn button on the garage door opener. First program your car, then put your car in range - and hit the learn button on the GDO, press your car's button 2x slowly.

Reply to
H.R.