Yr 2000 - Jaguar S-Type - HELP

I stupidly washed my S-Type,3.0ltr V6 engine with cold water garden hose. Now its running rough, like its misfiring and accelaration is poor. Any ideas what cold still be wet after 2 hrs of driving?

Reply to
ale

Chances are that the water has got into the coils. Is the misfire in a paricular rev range or is it constant?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Remove your spark plugs...water has coated the boot connector at the top of the plugs. Water acts as a conductor and the spark is jumping down the insulator to the cylinder head. Let air dry over time and reinsert or use compressed air to displace the moisture then reinstall all components.

Common problem typically caused by a detailer shop.

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

Yep !. The misfire is very very noticable after 2500 revs...

Reply to
ale

In that case my guess is to try the spark plug solution first (see DIeInterim's post). My coil problem showed itself between 1500 and

2000 revs.

Alex

Reply to
Alex