'00 Cherokee Bumper Question

Hello all, its been a while posting here!

My 2000 Cherokee Sport 2-Door has the black bumper caps on the front like all do, but the one on the passenger side has a larger gap between it and the painted portion of the wheel well fender that is larger than the one on the other side (in my opinion too much of a gap).

Looking under the vehicle, I notice that the screw behind the metal portion of the wheel well which is holding the insulation in place is not centered -- it looks to be off by 1 half inch. On the other side of the vehicle the insulation screw is of course in the right spot -- as that side has the correct small gap between the black plastic cap and the metal fender flair on the outside.

My question is -- How can I adjust this piece of the bumper? ( the black end cap)...I know I am being a little picky but I want to get it aligned more correctly. Should I remove the insulation? Will this give me the right access?

Any ideas? Please post any thoughts to the group directly. Thanks!

John

00 Jeep Cherokee Patriot Blue, Up Country, Select-Trac
Reply to
CARNIEHP

You are not the original owner are you? I suspect (experience talking) the your Cherokee may have encountered a collision of sorts during its life which has cause a mis-alignment of the bumper end cap and fender.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Thanks for your reply...yes I am the original owner....I just happened to look at the bumper caps and notice that they were off somewhat...probably I am the only one who notices...but now that I've noticed I want to change it (LOL)...

-John

Reply to
CARNIEHP