'00 Cherokee Speaker problem

The speaker in the drivers side door has stopped working. Actually, it still works, but something is preventing it from working.

Here is what I have done so far:

Removed affected speaker and tested it - WORKS Removed stereo head unit and checked connections, and output for this speaker - WORKS Attempted to check the wires running from the head unit to the door but was unable to follow them.

The is a stock Chrysler CD head unit.

Is this a common problem? Is there an easy or semi-easy way to fish a new wire through without ripping the whole dash apart?

Any ideas on fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks Mort

Reply to
Mort

mic canic

My 2000 Cherokee had the same problem with the stock radio and speakers, same speaker too, drivers side. I installed an aftermarket AM/FM/CD player and speakers. I had to run a wire directly from the head unit to the speaker to get it to work.

Reply to
b.clausen

How did you run the new wires? It looked nearly impossible to fish the wire from what I could see. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Mort

I tried pulling it thru with the existing speaker wire, didnt work, wouldnt go thru the door bushings. I started on the radio end, with the radio out of course. I ran under the dash and towards the driver side kick panel. You have to remove the kick panel to get to the rubber door bushing/sleeve that the wire go thru. Fed it thru there and to the speaker and buttoned everything up.

Reply to
b.clausen