'01 Cherokee 60th Ann. wheel question

Is there any specific reason why the 2001 Cherokee 60th Anniversary Edition came with 16 inch wheels? I was thinking about buying a nice set of 15 inch wheels from a buddy who bought them for his Cherokee Sport. The lug pattern appears to be the same as on my 60th anniversary edition, but I didn't know if there were any other differences that would prevent the wheels from fitting on mine. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bo jeffries

Well, I put a set of '02 Liberty 16" wheels and 225-70R16 tires on my son's '95 Cherokee Sport, with no issues, FWIW.

Paul B.

01 XJ Limited
PLB49

If your's had upgraded/bigger discs/drums (if there is such a thing) there could be an interference problem. See if the brakes are the same in a parts book. Most likely the 16 inch package was due to it being cool and trendy. ;-)

Reply to
fuji

I have an '00 Cherokee that came with 16" aluminum wheels. I managed to pick up some 15" rims off a SWB. I put the steel wheels on while my 16 y/o daughter was learning to drive. No fit problems at all. Plus, ground down tire walls and buggered steel rim edges are a lot less disturbing. Now I let her graduate to a car with the newer low-profile-easy-to-bugger aluminum rims once she learned where all those curbs kept popping up.

She drove her car home in our mini-blizzard last week and I was amazed that she made it home! She was shoving snow in several places and just shy of high-centering coming down the lane. (02 Alero). Fortunately we had reasonably dry snow this time.

MikeinIN

Reply to
MikeinIN