'01 JGC weird tranny behavior...left turns only...

My wife's 2001 6-cyl. GC 2WD 70K miles has erratic downshifting behavior...but only when making left turns. It seems to lug or slip in 2nd gear. Strangely, slow right turns are no problem whatsoever. Straight line cruising is fine, and nice smooth shifts from 0 up through OD. This problem seemed to rear its ugly head after I had the trans serviced two weeks ago (fluid flush/new screen). Tires/inflation pressure are fine. Any clues? Thanks all.

***AVG certified virus-free***
Reply to
tom

I would suspect maybe a wire hitting on the exhaust cross over pipe or a loose connection. Maybe they moved them around when draining the pan?

Mike

Mike Romain

Who serviced the transmission?

EXACTLY what fluid did they use for replacement?

Reply to
billy ray

Check the fluid level first. Maybe it's sucking air on left turns.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I'd be having some up front and personal chats with the shop that serviced your transmission. No baseball bats until the second such chat.

tom proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon