'01 WJ Grand Cherokee Brake Pulsation

Knock me over with a feather. I took the Grand in for a routine oil change today and mentioned the front brakes were starting to judder when hot. Back it came an hour later with new calipers & rotors courtesy of a DC service bulletin and a service oriented dealer, Pat Murphy Jeep of Durango, CO.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Gerald G. McGeorge did pass the time by typing:

Cool!

It's great to hear of good service. Usually it's the crappy service that gets the most light.

I'll remember that dealer if I am ever in the Durango area.

Reply to
DougW

How many miles on your jeep?

Larry

Reply to
Larry Greenwood

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

bet less than thirty six thousand. <

And, you would be right!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

LOL! In this case they're probably looking at a recall if they don't keep everyone happy. Even at high mileage it's worth a shot. Per my RO, the DC Service Bulletin Number is 0500302.

Ok, now the bad part. I go to get in the thing this AM and there's oil all over the garage floor under the front bumper. (I had the dealer change it while it was in.) Turned out to be waste oil the guy didn't wipe up after he pulled the old filter, just left it all over the skid plate, spoiler, etc. Nice....

Next I pull the dipstick and it's like WAY over full. So, seizing the moment I crawl underneath to pull the drain plug and let out the overfill but the plugs in so tight I had to use a breaker bar to get it loose. Then as I unscrew it it's obvious it's been over tightened or (heavens) cross threaded. So, I dumped all the oil...it had like 7.5 qts in it! The drain plug threads are buggered, but ok, it was probably run down with impact. Off to the store for 6 qts of oil. In go 5.5, right at the full mark. Never, NEVER, let anyone change your oil!!!!!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)