02 sensor,check engine light/97 TJ

How much should an aftermarket 02 sensor cost? This seems to be the common cause of the dreaded "check engine" light. Is it fixable on your own without big mechanical knowledge?

Reply to
calvin8tor

They're $80 or so, plus or minus. Do check your codes first though since there are a LOT of other things besides a bad 02 sensor that will light the check engine light. Go to

or ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/rec.answers/autos/chrysler-faq/general/part3 for instructions on how to figure out what may be causing your check engine light.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

If it is in fact the O2 sensor I got mine for $61 at NAPA recently. I disconnected the battery cable to clear the check engine codes and screwed in the new sensor. It took all of 5 minutes, no special tools needed just a 7/16" wrench. No more check engine light (code 21).

Reply to
HG97TJ

thanks HG, now where the hell is that thing?

Reply to
calvin8tor

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III