03 Liberty, rough Idle, Code 14

Hi all,

Doing a little check out of a rougher than normal Idle on my 3.7L Lib. Nothing looke out of place on a visual inspection, gas grade doesn't matter, and still runs a bit odd after a TB cleaning.

The "hold the reset" instrument check and code readout goes through ok and at the end shows 14 on the odometer. Any body have a code chart for the 03 3.7's?

Other than that, power seems ok.. decent on the freeway. just a little rough and occasionally low (500RPM) revs. Not all the time, but often. Typically once warm idles about 600. At the tail-pipe she sounds smooth.

Clean air filter a couple months ago. Since I'm in Vancouver BC, the rain keeps the dirt down so it still good to go.

Any suggestions? Likely will end up at the dealer... only got 37000km on it.But, if its a case of somehting simple, I'll save the days wait for service. The dealer may be able to fix it, but they are mighty slow!

Thanks!

I don't know for sure on that, but on the Cherokee, 14 is the MAP sensor. That could just need the connection cleaned.

Mike

G wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The 03's (and other 2000 models) have a different OBD computer system than the Cherokee. Totally different code map.

Thanks for the input though.

Greg

Mike Romain wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca:

The Shop Manuals do not have a "Code 14". However, to read the codes on an '03 Liberty, turn the ignition on,off,on,off,on, and the codes will cycle through the odometer. After displaying the last code, the odometer will display "end".

Also, some auto parts stores will either rent or loan a ODB2 code reader to get the codes that way.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

Reply to
mic canic

The 3 times on - off cycle does not seem to work, it just turns to normal on. No codes, or anything flashed through the odometer. The self- test seems to do more. The guages do the tests, the indicators light etc, then the odometer goes to trip and shows 1.4, then goes to normal on with the actual trip or odometer reading that was there previously.

I found a listing off of Allpar.com for a 2001 model Chrysler. 14 indicates an error (short or open) of some sort in Injector circuit 2. (table offset 14, there is a related p-code cross-ref as well).

So... the question is, what and where is the connectors for circuit #2?

Thanks guys!

Greg

mic canic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cac.net:

mic canic