04 JGC Noise when steering wheel turned completely

I have a new to me 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. When the steering wheel is turned all the way in either direction, the vehicle makes an electronic clicking noise. I am interested to know if anyone has any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Reply to
coppermineblueskyn

Full left/right lock (plus a bit more) will cause the power steering pump to run at full pressure and is usually done just to test if it's working. If it's a tick as you turn the wheel, I dunno. Could be the clockspring (cruise control/airbag wiring) sticking a bit or the turn signal return pawl.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy