05 Sport question

I have been told 2 things............1. in 05 jeep did not make a Sport with 1/2 doors. 2. for 06, Jeep is changing the warranty from 7/70 to 3/36. is this the truth.

david

Reply to
DAVID DRUM

There won't be an 06 wrangler, or so I'm told. They're waiting a year for the redesigned 07s. I've also heard the warranty is decreasing for all DC products from 7/70 to 3/36.

Reply to
Eric

I doubt that this is correct. I'm pretty sure there will be an '06 Wrangler. In fact, you can place your order now at your local dealer for an '06 model.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

In an era of 10/100K warranties from Kia, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi, I'd say that is a big mistake.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

Try and find a Kia, Hyundai, or Mitsubishi that can keep up with the most bare-bone stock TJ on a trail.

Won't happen.

That being said, if a company is so sure of their product, they should be able to warranty it for 10/100k like those you mentioned...

Reply to
Eric

Well, I was referring to DaimlerChrysler in general, meaning Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep brands. Also, most owners of Jeeps will never off-road, so they may lose quite a bit of business by doing so.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

Local dealer here (in New Zealand) has told me that new shape Wrangler will be arriving here in Jan '07. He also said they are bringing in Wrangler Unlimiteds with four door options in the next 18 months (I am not sure whether that was the new shape or not, but introduction date suggests it probably will be).

TW

Reply to
TW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Eeewwwww! That's not even remotely a 'Real Jeep'!

Seahag

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

I believe this is the new 07

IsellJeeps

Nope, that's an altered pic of a Jeep Rescue concept:

http://staff.weblogs> I believe this is the new 07

Reply to
Steve

Probably not unless you factory order it. I know the full-steel doors are "base" for the Sport. You could buy the 1/2 doors afterwords.

I don't know.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

Thanks to all that responded. I am trading my 04 sport for an 05 Sport, picking it up tomorrow. did do with the dual top with rollup windows. The 05 will have the 7/70 Powertrain, and the 3/36 bumper to bumper.

thanks david

Reply to
DAVID DRUM

LOL

Bill, you've been trotting out that picture as the "next" Jeep Wrangler for, what now, four years? And a newbie bites the worm every time. ;)

Brian

How good are those 40 series tires off road?

Reply to
Billy Ray