16-inch wheels

Hello there. Can someone please confirm or deny for me that 16-inch wheels from a 2004 Cherokee will fit a 93 Cherokee?

Many thanks.

Reply to
MLS

The should fit fine, and they should look pretty good too. The thing to check is the back spacing. Measure the distance from the center section of the wheel to the edge of the rim, you should have a number about 3.75, give or take. Make the same measurement on the old rims and the new rims, and make sure the measurment is the same. If the number grows too large, the tires can rub on suspension components, if it gets too small then the tires will protrude outside the fender openings.

I don't know what the tire size is on your current tires, but let's assume you have a 265/70x15. The new rims will require a smaller sidewall to attain the same overall diameter. The tires that go on the 16" rims will be something like a 270/65x16, to have an equivelent overall diameter.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, he's referring to the UK Cherokee which is the Liberty.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd
265-65 x16 would be 0.1% fast

Reply to
Billy Ray

In the grand scheme of things, that's dead-nuts-on.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Especially when you are lucky if your speedomenter is +/- 5%

Reply to
Billy Ray