1987 XJ oil pressure light

Hi! I am having a strange problem with the oil pressure light on my 1987 Cherokee (4.0). The light is flickering on and off when I am turning the steering wheel too far to the left or right. This only occurs after driving for some time and engine is hot. The more I turn the wheel, the more the oil light will flicker, until I turn the wheel fully to either side, at which point the oil light is steady ON. The engine does not stall, and I can detect no other problems except the light coming on. I have checked oil level, it is full, and I am not leaking any oil. Also checked power steering fluid, also full and not leaking.

Anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this and if I should be concerned? Any suggestions on how to diagnosis this and find root cause? I am worried that whatever is the problem will at some point become more serious.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Reply to
Seth

L.W.(ßill)