1990 Cherokee Lift Question

Hi all, The official BFGoodrich Website says that 31" AT tires can fit on my stock

1990 Cherokee Pioneer without any modifications or a lift system. I find this hard to believe. Does it not rub like hell on the fenders and undersides of the Jeep?

What suspension/lift system is recommended for a 1990 Cherokee? Rubicon Express? I'd like to get those 31" tires on the Jeep...but is a lift necessary? Most of my off-roading are sand dunes....there are no rocks in my vicinity. How much "stock stuff" can I get away with?

And, are lifts sold in pairs or for one wheel? What's a good starting kit from this link:

Thanks!

Reply to
TooPlaneCrazy7

Tooplane I bought a 3in lift kit from JC whitney, it's a good low buget lift, just replace the front springs and bolt on the ad-a-leafs to the rear. $ 119.00 I did go back and repositon the front brake hoses and made a "Z" bracket for the rear brake block that is on the rear axel just for peace of mind. If you want some pictures let me know.

Check it out.

Mike D

90 XJ 141k
Reply to
Mikes_XJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yes, here it is. I find it hard to believe, as well. Maybe I am reading it wrong? My reading comprehension sucked in college.

TooPlaneCrazy7

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)