1990 Wrangler YJ questions random....

Recently I had the wiring in my jeep taken care of or thought I did. What the issue was, there were some wires that looked kind of melted and had some shorts happening but anyway. All was taken care of except for a couple of things. The rear wiper on the hard top stays on no matter what when its plugged in, in the back. (hope that makes sense) I bought a new switch but that didn't fix the problem any ideas on it?

Also the interior light isn't working and I will check the bulb this weekend but didn't know how hard it might be to trace that out as well.

Since I'm asking a lot of random questions, the jeep has 31" tires on it and that is how I bought it. I put a matching spare tire on the back but cannot open up the back glass now on the hard top. Has anyone had any experience with adapting something for that or is there an adapter kit I haven't seen that would drop it just a bit so the glass could lift up?

Also on the tire issue the current (oem) fender flares obviously don't keep the windows very clean when raining or just messy outside. Would

6" flares be enough or should I go with 7" flares if anyone has input I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all.

Reply to
NewbieJeepGuy

The interior light should be a 'hot' wire with the switch grounding it to complete the circuit.

From that I would guess you have the wires to the hardtop wrong with the always hot one powering the wiper.

Some wiper parking circuits also have an 'always hot' wire so when the wiper reaches it's park, a ground is broken and it stops moving. Maybe the wiper's 'park' wire got switched or melted with it's 'power' wire.

Just guesses...

Mike

Mike Romain