1993 Jeep Cherokee stalls

1993 Cherokee 4.0 manual shift stalls when I am driving it. I generally starts right up in the morning and then when I am driving it, it just dies. It will start back up generally anywhere from right away to 30 minutes. I have replaced the fuel filter.
Reply to
banebeardontwalk
1993 Cherokee 4.0 manual shift stalls when I am driving it. I generally starts right up in the morning and then when I am driving it, it just dies. It will start back up generally anywhere from right away to 30 minutes. I have replaced the fuel filter.
Reply to
banebeardontwalk

Quite often it's the CPS sensor. Not sure where it is on the standard but on the auto it's on the top of the bell housing by the drivers right foot. The plug is back by the dipstick. You might want to find the connector, disconnect, clean, and reconnect.

Reply to
DougW

I've had that problem with an overheating coil, but it could be one of many things.

Reply to
merrill