1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 8CYL 5.2L - Transfer Case

I recently bought a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD and unfortunately it doesn't have a transfer case. From the little research I was able to do via the internet, I've learned that the transfer case that fits my Jeep is Model # NP231 (hoping that's correct). The question I have is, are there any other transfer cases that are compatible with my Jeep? I'm open for all ideas but please keep in mind that I'm trying to save as much $$ as possibe. Thanks!

Reply to
KSN

There were three transfer cases available in 1993. The NPG 231 Command-Trac part time, the NPG 242 Selec-Trac full time, and the NPG

249 Quadra-Trac all-the-time. The Ltd came standard with the NPG 249, but you could order it with the NPG 242. The NPG 231 was not available on the Ltd. Don't know if that was because of a physical limitation, or if Jeep just didn't want to put it in the Ltd.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It sounded to me like it is a 4W drive, but needs a transfer case for it. I'm not sure the limited ever came in 2W drive. At least I have never seen one.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

OK. I see that they have some. I still think he is looking for a damaged or missing transfer case for a 4X4. Otherwise he would also need a front differential and a ton of other parts to convert a 2X to a 4X. That would not make sense.

Dick

Reply to
Dick