1993 jeep wrangler 2.5l EFI

I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a 2.5l. I replaced the timing chain, tensioner, dampner, and both gears, and now I cant get it to fire. I dont have any voltage going to the coil. The engine turns over fine. Any suggestions???

Reply to
bamakc

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

bamakc did pass the time by typing:

Stupid question, but did you make sure the alignment marks on the two cogs were lined up after you put the chain on?

Voltage to the coil is controled by the ASD relay. If the engine fails to turn over in the first three-four cranks the computer cuts the relay. Check every connection that you came near. Double check the fuses.

Last time I did engine work the jeep didn't start. Turns out I forgot to put the fuse back in that I pulled to prevent the engine from starting. :/

Reply to
DougW

The engine ran fine before I worked on it, with exception of the noise comming from the timming chain cover.

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:

Reply to
bamakc

I made sure that I had it at TDC and the marks on the cogs were lined up. I have checked all fuses and connections but I could have overlooked one. I will re-check everything. What is ASD.

Reply to
bamakc

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

bamakc did pass the time by typing:

ASD (on the 93ZJ, my only reference) is the Automatic Shut Down relay. Its job is to cut voltage to the coil in the event a sensor fails.

Reply to
DougW

Yes, exactly.

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:

Reply to
bamakc

I will double check all connections. Thank you for your help.

Reply to
bamakc

Thanks Doug, I might have disconnected a sensor without knowing it. There is one small detail that I forgot to mention, Ha. While I had the Jeep in the shop, I also removed the transmission and transfer case to do repairs on them. I had to replace the fifth gear spacer gear and synchronizer ring in the transmission, and I had to replace the entire t-case, because it had been run without oil for an extended period of time and was not worth repairing. I bought this jeep about 3 weeks ago and have only driven it a few miles when I started working on it to fix a "few minor repairs" as stated by the seller. At least I will know what I have when I get through.

Reply to
bamakc