1994 Cherokee shake/vibration highway speed

My 94 XJ shakes/vibrates at highway speed and I can't seem to figure out what's going on. I had a similar problem a couple months ago and replacing the front drive shaft u-joints fixed it but it's happening again.

I hear a kind of clunking as I speed up and it stops (or I can't hear it anymore) from the front end and occasionally I hear a sort of chirping sound also. I rechecked the front shaft u-joints and they appear to be fine. I recently replaced the wheel hub u-joints. Tires are about 4 months old and have been rotated and balanced regularly. If anyone has any ideas or something else I might be able to check I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
themophead