1994 Sahara replacement fog lens?

Hi. I recently got a 94 Sahara YJ. The fog light lenses are rusted away and I can't use the H3 bulbs that I just bought. Does anyone know where to get stock lenses on the net or should I upgrade to either Hella 500s or BlackMagics. I wonder if the OEM mounting hardware will work with the Hellas and if the OEM wiring setup will handle the 12V55W. OEM H3s are also 12V55W.

TNX

Reply to
Peter Parker

Trying again.

New too Jeeps and Fog lights. Adding to the previous post. I repaired the wiring on the rear defroster and found out that the fog lights also get their B+ source from the rear defroster fuse. The fuse was missing and then the bulbs inside the switch worked. I also got B+ at the fog lights but see below. The stock lenses are rusted away in the back. The Hella

500 look like they might fit the stock mount set up but I can't tell via some jpgs so here I am with this question. The Hellas must be better lights. I'm also considering the driving lights as replacements instead of fog. Do driving lights also have to be switched off with high beams?

Tnx n advnc...

Reply to
Peter Parker

Around 7/20/2003 1:54 PM, Peter Parker spake thusly:

As far as I know, it's the opposite; driving lights are only suppose to be used while the high beams are on, and turn off when the high beams are off. Dan Stern will know for sure, though.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Dealer-only item, and something of a ripoff in a performance-per-dollar sense.

Or Cibie Tango 40s. BlackMagics are the same lamp as the Hella 500, just with a black axial cross that makes the lamps look kinda black when off, viewed from certain angles.

Depends on which OEM mounting setup you have.

Since that is the stock wattage, yes.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

No, driving lamps are auxiliary *HIGH* beam lamps, legal and safe only for use with your high beam headlamps, never in traffic, and only when NO other vehicles are visible in front of you in either direction.

Fog lamps, on the other hand, are for use in fog. Don't be one of those ignorant and inconsiderate types who runs them day and night, rain or shine. More info here:

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Okay. That's good to know. I would have to rewire my switch to only come on with the *HIGH* (sic) beams if I go that route. That shouldn't be hard.

This will be the first time ever that I have owned fog lamps. These cheapo OEMs are rusted through and through. I do have a seperate switch to turn on the fogs.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Say no more. I could not use the old lenses. They were rusted beyond repair.

Okay. I would prefer the Hella 500s anyway. I don't think the black look is worth the extra bucks.

It's a bracket that is mounted on the front bumper with a bolt on "U" type extension with two bolt holes on each side and top of the "U". | Checked your website out and the hardware looks the same as the Cibie Tango 40s.

Okay sounds good.

Reply to
Peter Parker

So I read that you also have Hella 500 fog lights or driving lights... I will try the fog lights first and of course the Jeep fogs are also above the bumper at headlamp height so it doesn't make sense. I would install them under the bumper if I decide to add driving lights. :-)

I wonder how long they would last under the bumper. Not very long I would imagine.

Reply to
Peter Parker