1995 Cherokee Country Question

How do I know if I have limited slip differentials and/or "Track Lock" differential?

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country DGSS - 4-speed Automatic AW4 Transmission DHAS - Lock-up Torque Converter DHNS - Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System DJHS - Dana M30/181MM Front Axle DMDS - 3.55 Axle Ratio DRAS - Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

You can look on the diff for a tag on one of the bolts that mentions a friction modifier or you can carefully jack up the rear wheels and turn one while watching the other. If you have an open diff, the other wheel will turn reverse. If you have a locker or limited slip, the other wheel will turn the same way.

Mike

Mike Romain

I thought it was apparent that I already had that. ;)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Then you would have known as in an order below: From: customerassist 6:52 AM Subject: Re: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance (KMM673663V73136L0KM) To: Llewellyn Hughes III

Dear Llewellyn, Thank you for your email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation regarding a copy of a factory equipment list for the Jeep Grand Cherokee with vehicle identification number 1J8GW58J94C129522.

According to our records, the above Jeep was equipped from the factory with the following:

XLDV Seats - Leather Trimmed Bucket ADEP Cold Weather Group ADL Skid Plate Group AFFS Luxury Group AHX Trailer Tow Group IV APAS Monotone Paint ATCP Radio-CD/Cass/10 Disc/Infinity Spkrs AWBP Quadra-Drive 4WD System A83P 4.7LHO Eng(EVC)/5spdA/T 5-45Rfe(DGQ) BAZS Alternator - 136 Amp BC6S Battery - 625 Amp Maintenance Free BRYS Brakes - Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc CACS Seats - Low Back Bucket CBWS Door Trim Panel - Highline CFNS Seat - Rear 60/40 Folding CGS Air Bags - Side, Supplemental CGUS Child Seat Anchor System-LATCH Ready CG1S Air Bags-Front,Next Gen,Multistage** CJ2P Air Bag-Side Window Curtain,Frt & Rr CKDS Carpet - Floor CKNS Carpet - Cargo Compartment CKTS Cargo Tie Down Loops CLES Floor Mats - Front & Rear CLGS Cargo Storage - Covered CLHS Cargo Trim Panel w/Storage Net CLPS Scuff Pads - Door Sill CSCS Cover - Cargo Compartment CSRS Assist Handles - Passenger CUDS Console - Mini Overhead CUFS Console - Full Length Floor DGES Transmission - All 5-Speed Automatic DGQ Transmission-5-Spd Automatic 5-45RFE DHAS Torque Converter - Lock-Up DHFS Quadra-Trac II On Demand 4WD System DJJS Axle - Front, Dana 30/186MM DMEP Axle Ratio - 3.73 DRKP Axle - Rear, Dana 44/226MM DSBP Axle - Vari-Lok Progressive,Front DSCP Axle - Vari-Lok Progressive, Rear EVC Engine - 4.7L HO V8 MPI GBBS Windshield Glass - Tinted GCBS Glass - Front Door Tinted GEGS Glass - Deep Tint Sunscreen GEPS Glass - Flipper Liftgate GFAS Defroster - Rear Window GNCS Sun Visors - Illum Vanity Mirrors GNKS Mirror - Rear View, Auto Dim GT3S Mirrors - Power Fold-Away GWAP Sunroof - Power GXMS Keyless Entry - Remote GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System HAFS Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control HGAS Insulation - Hood HGDS Insulation Group - Deluxe I23S Route 23 - CSX, Jessup, MD JA6S Instr Cluster - Electroluminescent JCBS Speedometer - 120 MPH Primary JHBS Wiper/Washer - Rear Window JHC Windshield Wipers - Rain Sensitive JJBS Horns - Electric, Dual Note JJJP Power Outlet - Auxiliary 12V JKAS Glove Box - Locking JKPS Power Outlet - Auxiliary 12V JKYS Power Accessory Delay JPBS Locks - Power JPDS Windows - Power, Driver One-Touch JTFP Seats - Power, 10-Way Heated, Memory K4BS STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING/COLOR LACS Illuminated Entry LAGS Warning Chime LAZP Vehicle Information Center LBBS Lamps - Courtesy LBCS Lamp - Glove Box LCES Lamps - Rear Courtesy/Reading LDBS Lamp - Cargo Compartment LETP Traveler/Mini Trip Computer LEWS Memory - Radio/Driver Seat/Mirrors LMBS Headlamps - Halogen LMGP Headlamps - Automatic LNJS Fog Lamps LPSS Lamp - Center Hi-Mount Stop LSAS Security Alarm MDAS Bracket - Front License Plate MFZS Grille - Bright MHAS Windshield Moldings - Black MTBP Badge - 4.7L HO, Liftgate MVAS Badge - Limited, Bright MVBS Badge - Grand Cherokee, Bright MVCS Badge - Jeep, Bright MVEP Badge - V-8, Liftgate, Bright MWES Side Rails - Roof MZBP Badge - Quadra Drive NAS Emissions - U.S. 50 State NBGP Federal Tier 2, Bin 9A Emissions NFPS Fuel Tank - 20.5 Gallon NHFP Cooler - Power Steering NHMS Speed Control NMHP Engine Cooling - Hydraulic PXR Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat QXRS Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles RB1 Radio - AM/FM CD, GPS Navigation RCES Speaker System - Infinity RDDS Antenna - Fixed RDPP CD Changer - 10-Disc, Remote RDZP Audio Ctrls-Steering Wheel Mounted SBAS Steering - Power Rack and Pinion SCLS Steering Wheel - Leather Wrapped SDAS Suspension - Normal Duty SUAS Steering Column - Tilt TBBS Spare Tire - Full Size TBLS Spare Tire - Inside Mount TWGP Tires - P235/65R17 BSW AS Perf. TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires WF1P Wheel - 17" Steel, Spare WGPS Wheels - 17 X 7.5 Alum,Silver Accent WLYC Wheels - Steel WLZC Wheels - All Aluminum XAM Pedals - Power Adjustable w/Memory XEAP Tow Hooks XEEP Skid Plate Shield - Fuel Tank XEFP Skid Plate Shield - Transfer Case XEUP Skid Plate - Front Suspension XFHP Hitch - Class IV Receiver XFKP Wiring Harness - 7 Pin XFLP Adaptor - 7 to 4 Pin, Wiring XGDP Garage Door Opener - Universal XGM Tire Pressure Monitoring Display

If you are the new owner of the vehicle, please provide me with your name, address and phone number so that I may update our owner database.

Thank you for writing.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email system. If you have a need to respond to this message, please visit us at our reply form (link provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this address.

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the following information: REFERENCE NUMBER: 11934166 REPLY LINK:

Sincerely,

Kristen Senior Staff Representative DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center

Original Message Follows:

------------------------ Form Selected: -------------- Category: US Customer Service Brief Description: ------------------ Requesting the build order for: VIN 1J8GW58J94C129522 Comments: --------- Requesting the build order for: VIN 1J8GW58J94C129522 Thank you, Bill Sender Information: ------------------- Title: Mr. First Name: Llewellyn Middle Initial: W Last Name: Hughes III

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Steve Mackie wrote:

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

So, apparently, if I had limited-slip or Track-Lock it would have stated it.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:57:35 -0800, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" in an all out fatal attempt to prove worthiness wrote:

Good Answer Malachite man, you will go down in the annals of History as being the #1 Ignoramus on Usenet. HOW ABOUT STAYING OUT OF OUR GROUP, JUST STAY HERE.

[...]

:>

:>Steve Mackie wrote: :>>

:>> I thought it was apparent that I already had that. ;) :>> :>> Steve

Reply to
24Bit

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Good Answer Malachite man, you will go down in the annals of History as being the #1 Ignoramus on Usenet. HOW ABOUT STAYING OUT OF OUR GROUP, JUST STAY HERE.

:> There you go again, the jealous, REALLY JEALOUS, jealous little draft :>dodging senile coward from Hialeah Navarre, Florida, who's only way to get :>attention is to make a fool of it's self. With this goat obsession/fetish :>you have. Like when the other kids laughed at it's attempt to use foul :>language in elementary school play grounds, but just gibberish. Too senile :>to remember what he last wrote. You remind me of a little rat dog, like a :>Mexican Chiwawa with it's senseless barking, me too, me too. And as usually :>afraid to use your name, address, or even sign your statement as any man :>would. :> Again you don't even have the fortitude to sign your lies, what coward! :> You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same paragraph :>it fits so well! :> But now worth the time to forward this low life to: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com and :>to cox,net to nail 4ax.com (databasix.com) :> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O :>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:>"24Bit®" wrote: :>>

:>

Reply to
24Bit

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Sounds like your mother may have traumatize by a goat, therefore your "father" joined the military, just to get the hell out of dodge

hehehe Corect-O.

:> There you go again, the jealous, REALLY JEALOUS, over the fact that I :>once own a '37 Lasalle, what a jealous little draft dodging senile coward :>from Hialeah Navarre, Florida, who's only way to get attention is to make a :>fool of it's self. With this goat obsession/fetish you have. Like when the :>other kids laughed at it's attempt to use foul language in elementary school :>play grounds, but just gibberish. Too senile to remember what he last wrote. :>You remind me of a little rat dog, like a Mexican Chiwawa with it's :>senseless barking, me too, me too. And as usually afraid to use your name, :>address, or even sign your statement as any man would. :> Again you don't even have the fortitude to sign your lies, what coward! :> You're not worth any more time when a cut and paste this same paragraph :>it fits so well! :> But now worth the time to forward this low life to: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com and :>to cox,net to nail 4ax.com (databasix.com) :> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O :>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:>"24Bit®" wrote: :>>

Reply to
24Bit

[...]

:>"24Bit®" wrote: :>>