1996 Cherokee raise drivers side door hinge

The drivers side front door bangs on the connection when closed. I tried to raise it by loosening the hinge bolts on the frame side and raising the door and then tightening them but no luck. Any advise?

Reply to
Ed

I thiink the slide plate on that door is in the door side. That said, sag such as you describe is usually caused by a worn pin in the hinge. I replaced mine with a hardened roll pin from a local hardware store. Real bugger to drive out as the access is a bit tight but if you remove the pin in the stop bar you can get it open enough to get at them.

If it just bangs > The drivers side front door bangs on the connection when closed. I

Reply to
Will Honea