1997 jeep cherokee loredo

After having the throttle body sensor replaced, everything was running good for a week. I knew it was going to start shuting off on me when I was slowing down. Now my car shuts off as soon as I start the car and also it hesitates to start at all, and sometimes I have to put my foot in the gas pedal to make it start properly and when I do that, alot smokes comes out ot the muffler. What is really going on with my car could anyone help. Do I have to replace the MAP sensor too. I already replaced the Idle Control Valve, crank sensor, ignition coil, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, battery. I don't know much about my car, but I've been reading the manual and I don't know if it has something to do with the PCV valve. Could anyone help please.

Reply to
milli

Lets see if I can beat Mike R to the punch.

You might want to check the engine block to body ground strap. Its made of a braided wire that becomes brittle and prone to breaking over the years. To check you might want to run a booster cable from the block to the fire wall or even battery (negative terminal). The strap your looking for is located on the rear drivers side of the block (on a litre). The sudden loss of this strap seems to make allsorts of strange things happen...

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Thank you snow, I'll have to check that out. I'll reply to you soon.

milli

Reply to
milli

Reply to