1998 jeep limited 5.2 cranks but will not start

Hey I know you must get this same question ten times but enduldge me its my first time here I have a 1998 that started to buck in midrange and I would have to floor it to get it to stop I figured it was afuel problem and replaced the fuel pump with new filters the problem wasz still there but becomeing worse if I put the car in nutral it would run fine but not in gear anyway I figured I would tune it up new cap rotor wires ect well after the tune up I started the jeep it ran for five minutes and died and now will not start I ordered a new scaner to check out the system but until it gets here and I do not have an oms tester is there anything I can check out to get the dam thing started and moved away from the front door lol thanks ps e mail me at snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net thanks Tim

Reply to
jeep limited

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Hello all I have solved the problem I went out on e bay and bought the code sensor tester all codes came up clean and returned the done reply .I then took the lower vacume hose off and sprayed starting fluid and tried to crank it over still no good . this showed me that the problem was an electrical issue ,I had an old accel coil from a camaro anyway I mounted it and changed the wires from the stock coil to the new one and the jeep fired right up thank you for all the good words of advise on the board and on my question without it I would still be scratching my head .but I have to say the way the coil died was as odd as I have ever seen I have to say God must have had a hand in keeping me running untill I got home again thanks to all Tim

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
jeep limited