1999 jeep cherokee sport air conditioner.

Took my 1999 jeep cherokee sport , to a authorize dealer for a routine air condition check, on july 18th. Everything checked out ok with 38 degrees and pressure check good. Today turned on my air conditioner and warm air coming through. No cold air after long wait. Can anyone give me advice on possible problems ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
PAUL KRAUSE

Check to see that they put all the connectors back on. There are sensors at the compressor and on top of the accumulator.

It's difficult to mess the system up by just checking it. Difficult but not impossible.

Check the fuses and make sure they put the AC relay back in also.

Reply to
DougW

Let me add, that the airconditioner was working fine until this date.

Reply to
PAUL KRAUSE

PAUL KRAUSE proclaimed:

When you hit the A/C button, do you hear the clutch click? Does it click on a short time then go off?

If you turn on the defrost on a hot day do you get cold air from it?

Reply to
Lon

Air Conditioner clutch does not click in or out when turned on. No cold air with defroster on or off. Thanks.

Reply to
PAUL KRAUSE

Jumper the low side limit switch and try again. If they AC clutch kicks in then you are low/out of refrigerant. (this can be due to the valve seal not seating properly)

If that doesn't work then it is probably a relay or fuse.

The low limit jumper is _not_ a fix. It's only a diagnostic. Do not run your AC this way as you can burn out the compressor. It's ok to do for a few minutes or when filling.

Reply to
DougW

Otherwise known as the service port Schräder valve. It is not unheard of for one of these to start leaking after diagnostic gauges are put on it. Annoying as hell, but not unheard of.

Also if the clutch does not kick in on jumping the low side switch, suspect a burnt out clutch coil. Check for burnt smell and open circuit or short to ground.

It won't hurt anything to look for AC system leaks with a soap bubble test.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to