1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Brakes

Has anyone had trouble removing the front calipers on the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I wanted to replace the pads, but was unable to loosen the caliper bolts, and the top bolt was almost inaccessable. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Kirk

I don't have a GC so I can't relate to the level of inaccessibility so I'll ask the obvious questions:

Are the wheels off? (okay just kidding) Did you try steering it one way? (steer left to get right side off etc.) Did you try jacking one side at a time? (jack from the uni-body until the tire is off the ground) Did you try penetrating oil? Did you try warming up the calliper? (last resort.. you may have to change your brake fluid after)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD