1999 WJ Airbag Light/Chime driving me crazy!

1999 WJ:

The Airbag Idiot light (and chime) are coming-on at random times.

The dealer has had it and not been able to get a code from it. I took it in and they read a code about the squib circuit, I think in the steering column. Then later, they were NOT able to confirm the reading, so they didn't work on it.

I looked and didn't see a fuse for the airbag. (which makes a kind of sense.) Is there anything simple to disable the airbag circuit, since when the light is on it won't work anyway? My preference would be to disable the driver's airbag only, if possible.

Thanks for any help, Bob in Iowa, USA

Reply to
Robert Holdaway

Better to not change a part than to change the wrong part and not fix the problem.

I think anything you do to the airbag system to disable it, disables the whole system.

-- Old Crow '95 Wrangler Rio Grande

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I think it is called a clock spring switch it fits right behind the air bag and allows contact as the steering wheel as it is rotated.

Reply to
extremetjs

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III