2.5 springlift questions

Would someone please explain to my newbee mind these things,

whats the diffence between Rubicon RE5530 Extreme-Duty 2.5 lift,,,849.95 and RE5505 Standard Supension 2,5 lift,,,,569.95 other than in there catolog they add greasable shackles

ive a 90YJ and looking for a quality 2.5 lift, daily driver with some highway trips, and weekends trying to go where the "bigger toys go"

also

whats the opinion of superlift 2.5 compared to Rubicon 2.5

i just drove through olympia on the highway and the pavement has those dam bumps/cracks every 6-10 ft and with my stock springs and 1,5 shackle lift i thought i was on a pogo-stick, i notice some weeble-wobble while at speeds up at 60,,no time for lookie-loooing. so i want to get a good quality system under my jeep. that and my rear sits lower than the front "as-is" and im assuming the springs are shot, as theres a ball hitch on the back, someones towed somthing heavy,

next stupid question. will a 2.5 spring lift and a 1inch body lift, with 30inch tires look stupid? as i want to wear these tires out first before bying new ones.

next brainfart,

seeing as i have a 2.5L with 5speed, with the above lifting, 2.5 spring and 1 inch body lift how tall a tire can i stick on the jeep before i loose my highway-gas milage or power?

whats a good allaround tire-size with this lift. for woods and street? im getting 18 around town and 23 on the highway now,

any help most apriciated, john pike, all pockets already empty

Reply to
JohnE.P.--JEP

Hi John,

The 'Extreme Duty' kit has higher quality leaf springs - smoother ride, better articulation, more durable, increased load capacity, etc. etc.

The shackles are greaseable, 1" over stock length, and the rears are angled for improoved axle travel.

Note that 'extreme' doesn't include shocks; 'standard' does.

Look for online dealers to get a better price than list.

RE recommends 31x10.50R15 tires for the 2.5" lift. With your 1" body lift, you might fit 32x11.50 or 33x10.50. Your highway cruising mileage may even improve a bit with taller tires and you can probably find the right gear for most speeds, but you'll find it more sluggish when accelerating and your offroad crawl ratio will suffer.

Steve

JohnE.P.--JEP wrote:

Reply to
Steve