2.8L V6 Stalling

Hi Guys,

I have a 1986 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with a 2.8L V6...

Up until yesterday (very rainy day) it ran fine then suddenly started stalling & bucking (like loosing power). Would not start immediately after, would take a couple of good cranks. I got it home while stalling at almost every corner along the way and took of the air bowl & started it up. It seems to run ok, but i hear a slight ticking noise coming from near the carb or distributor.. Also i looked down the carb and noticed the gas wash like flowing out, is this normal or should it be a misty spray?

Any Ideas?

Fred

Reply to
TradeMaster

I have a cherokee 85 with the roshester 2SE carburetor. I suppose you have the same. I had a problem similar to this last year.

The problem was caused by a lint blocking the float needle point. It mean that the float was not keeping the fuel level at the right level anymore in the carburetor reserve. So the fuel was always overflowing in the primary barrel.

If you engine won't run on idle but runs well at high throttle and that you see fuel flowing into the primary barrel just after you turn off the engine, then you can be sure that you float needle is blocked.

"TradeMaster" a écrit dans le message de news:K9Knb.6296$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Garfiel